Additional Office Locations
9277 Centre Pointe Drive, Suite 350 West Chester, Ohio 45069
You are currently browsing the Ohio Personal Injury Blog by Cincinnati Accident Attorney Anthony Castelli blog archives for June, 2011.
Archive for June, 2011
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011
Many injury victims want to know if their is an insurance settlement calculator. I recently wrote a blog about this and had many factors in the calculation of a settlement for personal injury . But the one and only true calculator is the civil jury. Recently the Cincinnati Enquirer reported on a Warren County jury that awarded a patrolman $1.9 million dollars.
I can tell you without out even looking at the article that a large part of this award was driven by lost income and medical expense. Yes there was a large componet of pain and suffering I’m sure , as there should have been , but for some reason it’s usually, but not always , as much as I expect.
This was a case about a police officer directing traffic that was hit by a car driven by a lady who fled the scene , but turned herslf in. The story goes she was found to be 90% at fault. It did not say if the other 10% was on the police officer or someone else.
The officer had recovered from a previous back injury. But now he would never be a police officer again. The article mentioned he also walked with a cane now due to his injury presumably. He had very little residual ability to earn an income and was expected to incur $20,000-$30,000 dollars a year in future medical expenses.
The article never dicussed his age. If he was 40, he had a life expectancy conservatively of 35 years and a work life expectancy of at least 25. If you multiply 35 by $25,000 in future medical expense you get $725,000. Add to that lost wages of lets guestimate $30,000 per year by 25 and you get $750,00. That’s almost 1.5 million. We have not even talked about past lost wages and medical expense .
So for a life time of pain and suffering , looking into a window of hell, walking on a cane , your career destroyed, I’m guessing the jury gave possibly $300,000. Less that $10,000 a year. Ultimately not very much.
So the $1.9 million looks large . And it is. But is it really
The civil jury, the ultimate damage calculator, gave its judgement. That’s the true calculator, what would a jury award . It’s an art not a science. But very obviously without the help of a skilled attorney the award would have never gotten this high. I wonder what the offer was that was on the table. In any event the calculation one makes in a serious case should always go down if the injury victim tries to go it alone. That’s because a real great jury trial is not the area for a lay person to venture. And if the insurance company knows there is no risk to go there, with or without a lawyer, they sure are not going to pay top dollar.
For more information about personal injury settlements and calculator download for free Wolf In Sheeps Clothing – What Your Insurance company Doesn’t Want You to Know and Won’t Tell You before It’s Too Late
By Anthony Castelli Cincinnati personal injury trial attorney call 1-800-447-6549 for help today.
Saturday, June 11th, 2011
If you have been hurt working at your job you obviously need to know how to win your claim. But you also need to know how to win all the workers compensation benefits you deserve. Many people do not know that only certain attorneys are certified as specialists by the Ohio State Bar Association in Ohio workers compensation.
So one way to maximize your chances for winning is to hire the right lawyer that knows and is a specialist in Ohio workers compensation. Any lawyer can try to handle a workers compensation case, but you certainly have a greater assurance that a lawyer knows what they are doing if they are a specialist in Ohio workers compensation.
There are about only 24 attorneys in all of Cincinnati certified as specialists. Here is the link to Cincinnati workers compensation lawyers and all others in the State of Ohio certified as specialists in Ohio workers compensation.
by Cincinnati workers compensation lawyer Anthony Castell call today 1-800-447-6549 for a free no obligation consult about your case, your rights , the benefits you are entitlted.
Monday, June 6th, 2011
http://www.personalinjury-ohio.com/ Free Download Now Personal Injury Settlement Calculator
If you have suffered a personal injury as a result of the fault of another, such as in a car accident, you need to know what your claim is worth. You need to have an insurance settlement calculator for some idea of what your personal injury claim is worth.
What follows is a free calculator directed to Ohio residents. Each state has their damages recoverable as money compensation for your personal injury. Is is important to know that there are many things that can add value or value from your claim. Moreover, it is often difficult to determine a value range of a settlement until all the evidence is in.
So be cautioned that if you try to handle a serious case yourself, you may end up making bad mistakes that could devalue your case. Studies have shown that in more serious cases the actual settlement value may be two to three times that amount in represented cases than unrepresented injury victims get.
Here are the items to use in the evaluation.
This is not an exhaustive list but are some of the significant factors that drive the value of settlement.
If you send me this information I will provide you with a free settlement calculation. It may be that the information you send me will require a follow up with you for further information to evaluate your claim. This could be by phone or in person. In some cases it may be necessary to review documentation of your injury. All aspects of the consultation will be at no cost and no obligation.
If you prefer you can immediately schedule an in person free no obligation consultation. If you want an email of the initial settlement calculation you should email the answers to the questions asked below to email@example.com or go to the home page of this web site and enter your answers.
1. If your injury was a car accident what was the estimate of damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved? ________
2. Were you taken from the scene of the accident by life squad? _______
3. Was the other party totally at fault for the accident? ________
4. If not, how much did your fault contribute to the accident? What % do you think you were at fault?________
5. What was the nature if your injury? For example give the body part injured and the diagnosis your doctor gave you?__________, _______________________
6. How soon after the accident did you seek medical attention? ______________________
7. What kind of doctors have you seen such as an orthopedic specialist, your family doctor, a neurologist or neurosurgeon, chiropractor, psychologist, pain management doctor etc.? _________________
8. Were you hospitalized for your injury, and for how many days, and the reason for the hospitalization? _______, ________________, ________________________________________________
9. Did you have physical therapy and if so how many weeks? _____________________________
10 . Did you lose time from work? Put the amount of wages you lost . If you had to use sick time count that time as lost wages. ________________
11. What is the current amount of your medical bills? _________________
12. What was the date of your accident, and in what county in Ohio did it occur?__________ _________________
13. Are you finished treating for your injury? ______________
13. (a) If you finished treating state the last time you saw your doctor. _____________
(b) How many total doctors visits did you have? __________________
(c) Are you totally recovered? _______________
(d) If you are not totally recovered state your current problems, and if you have been told they are permanent or how long they are likely to last? __________________,_________________
14. What are your total medical expenses to date?________________
15. If you are still treating for your injury what treatment do you expect to receive in the future?___________________
15. What kind of doctor is currently treating you? ________________
16. Has your doctor provided you with a report about your injury? ____________
17. Have any of your doctors told you your injury was caused by the accident in question? ____________
18. Have you gone back to work at the same job? ____________
19. If you have not gone back to work at the same job have you gone back to work at another job? ______________
19. (a) If you went back to work at another job was it because of your injury? Was there a decrease in pay state the amount per week? ______________________
20. Has any doctor told you you will never be able to work again? ______________
21. What do you anticipate your future lost wages to be? _________________
22. What is your date of birth? _________________
23. Are any of these injuries you claim are caused by the accident ever been present before the accident? ___________________
24. Describe the nature and extent of your pain and how long it lasted. _____________
25. How were your activities impacted by your injuries? ____________________
26. State your name and phone number. ____________________, ______________
All information you provide will be held in strict confidence. By submitting this information you are requesting Anthony Castelli to provide a free estimate of your claim value and to contact you by phone or email. You expressly agree that an attorney client relationship is not established by providing this information and no representations are made that you will obtain a settlement in this range.
In fact you expressly understand that this evaluation is not a substitute for me doing a total review of all documents, records, statements, communicating with your doctors or reviewing other evidence that may be deemed appropriate given your individual case, and negotiating this claim on your behalf.
It is preferable to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer to gather the necessary evidence, prepare your case for evaluation and settlement. I am only hired when a written fee agreement is signed between you and me.
I invite you to call me at 1-800-447-6549 . For other articles I have written on personal injury settlement calulator click here and Is there a Settlement formula
Tags: cincinnati car accident lawyer, cincinnati car accident settlement calculator free, personal injury insurance settlement calculator, personal injury settlement calculator attorney
Posted in injury settlement calculator | No Comments »
"Your office has been nothing but good to us! From our very first phone call to the very end, you were there to listen. You have been a fantastic attorney. We were undoubtedly going to lose everything we had because of the accident, but you made sure we were taken care of!! We are no longer worried about losing our home, and it's because of you! My family is back on track! Words cannot express how much we appreciate everything you did for us. I know you will be a blessing to a lot more people!" With love,
Morris & Jennifer Smith