Additional Office Locations
9277 Centre Pointe Drive, Suite 350 West Chester, Ohio 45069
You are currently browsing the Ohio Personal Injury Blog by Cincinnati Accident Attorney Anthony Castelli blog archives for November, 2012.
- May 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- Allstate insurance docemnt revealed on the value of a personal injury attoreny (2)
- Attorney Ratings (2)
- autism brain injury compensation (1)
- auto accident lawyer (3)
- auto injury no medical insurance (1)
- back disc injury (9)
- Best Top Attorneys (2)
- Bogus Online Pharmacies Chronic Pain (1)
- brain injury lawyer (5)
- car accident (20)
- car accident death (2)
- car accident injury lawyer help (4)
- child injury (8)
- child injury and safety (6)
- Child injury lawyer Safety (5)
- Cincinnati car accident lawyer message (4)
- Cincinnati Car truck motorcycle accident news (3)
- Cincinnati injury lawyer testimonial (1)
- Cincinnati lawyer for tthe deaf (1)
- cincinnati motorcycle attorney (4)
- cincinnati ohio workers compensation (4)
- Cincinnati personal injury lawyer (25)
- Cincinnati social security disability attorney (4)
- cincinnati workers compensation attoreny (3)
- cincinnati workers compensation attorney (2)
- Construction accident injury (2)
- deaf accident injury lawyer (1)
- dental oral maxilla injury (1)
- Depuy hip impant (3)
- dog bite lawyer help (2)
- emergency car accident attorney (1)
- Find the Best Car Accident Lawyer Google (2)
- fire injury death (4)
- Food illnesses (1)
- Get Cincinnatri Drunk Drivers (1)
- golf cart injuries course injuries (1)
- hand surgury (1)
- head injury concussion (2)
- Hispanic abogodos cincinnati (1)
- How much is my car accident case worth (2)
- injury settlement calculator (5)
- insurance injury settlement help (4)
- Mason Ohio car accident lawsuit lawyer (1)
- Meningitis outbreak medical emergency (8)
- Middletown car accident lawyer (1)
- motorcycle accident injury help (5)
- motorcycle accident safety (3)
- neck and back injuries from car accidents (1)
- Neck car accident injury (1)
- Nursing nome neglect (1)
- Ohio Car accident lawyer (1)
- Pain management doctor for back and nek injur (1)
- personal injury law (5)
- personal injury lawyer (1)
- Seat belt use in car accident defense (1)
- sexual abuse (1)
- Shoulder injury Value (1)
- slip and fall personal injury (1)
- smoke detector fire death injury (1)
- social security disability (3)
- Social security disability application (3)
- sudden medical emergeny (1)
- texting car accidents injuries (5)
- Tort refotrm Ohio (1)
- truck accident injury claim (3)
- truck accident lawyer (2)
- Uncategorized (30)
- veterans disability benefits (2)
- West Chester Ohio attorney lawyer (2)
- wrongful death (2)
Archive for November, 2012
Wednesday, November 21st, 2012
As a injury lawyer in Cincinnati, Ohio following the meningitis outbreak I have learned that epidural steroid injections ESI are dangerous and may not even have any lasting benefit. So that you do not think this is just another bodily harm lawyer spouting off I will offer medical reference.
Intraspinal steroids: history, efficacy, accidentality, and controversy
A review by Nelson and Landua in the Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry 2001;70:433–443 attempted to answer these 5 questions:
1. Are intraspinal steroid therapies effective for back pain or radicular syndromes?
2. Do epidural injections remain confined to the epidural space ?
3. Are presently prescribed steroid formulations neurotoxic?
4. What are the risks of epidural steroid injection?
5. What information should be given to patients in obtaining informed consent for these procedures?
A picture of the spinal canal may help the lay person understand their answers.
The epidural space is an anatomic structure that surrounds the dura mater within the spinal canal and extends to the brain itself.
Above you can see the needle going into the epidural space. Immediately adjacent to the epidural space is the subarachnoid space. The significance is that if the needle inadvertantly injects the neurotoxic steroid into that area grave problems can result such as arachnoiditis. This is a painful and disabling injury.
Answers to the Five Questions About Epidural Steroid Injections
(1) Intraspinal steroid therapy is not effective therapy for back painor radicular syndromes because steroid formulations, placebos, and sham injections have similar outcomes.
(2) When injected, epidural medications may not remain confined to the epidural space and some inaccuracies of placement approach 40%.
(3) The additives of steroid formulations— polyethlen glcol. benzyl alchohol, and benzalkkonium chloride-can be neurotoxic when injected intrthecally. further research may disclose that the steroid formulations and mixtures themselves may be neurotoxic.
(4) Epidural steroid infusion may result in increased pain. there also may be serious complications of arachnoiditis, spinal infection, or permanent neurological deficits.
(5) Patients should be informed that there is no evidence that epidural steroid injections provide permanent relief of pain. Serious permanent complications to the spinal cord are rare but there is risk.
The Burton Report
by Anthony Castelli Attorney a personal injury lawyer in Cincinnati Ohio. Mr Castelli has handled hundreds of back injury claim settlements resulting from negligence of others. He offers a free conultation
Anthony Castelli Attorney
8170 Corporate Park Drive #220
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Friday, November 9th, 2012
The City of Mason , Ohio is located in Warren county. With an ever
growing population car accidents continue to increase. In 2012
through October there were over 2000 car accidents with property
damage, 738 with injury and 15 deaths.
Mason Ohio Accident Injury Lawsuit Lawyers Are Necessary
With the increase in car accident injuries there are more lawyers locating satellite offices in Mason Ohio. The question is are these lawyers necessary for your Mason, Ohio car crash harm. You may be surprised but not every case requires a lawyer. I look at the proposition of whether I can add value and help alleviate the client’s stress.
However in a larger case personal injury lawyers can put the case in the best light and act as an Ohio accident calculator. Most injury victims do not know everything they are entitled to. They do not know the low end range value or the high end range value. Significant paper work, investigation and evidence gathering is important. I have had cases where there were thousands of medical records to put together.
Critical errors in the documentation of an injury can turn an otherwise merit worthy case into one where the injury claim value is substantially reduced. Just read about some Allstate claims tactics to see why a lawyer could increase your chances for a much higher lawsuit result.
Although with thorough preparation a lawsuit is not often necessary. If a lawsuit is necessary it would be filed at the county seat in Lebanon Ohio at the Warren County Ohio Common Pleas Court.
Anthony Castelli attorney is a car accident injury lawyer that represents serious injury victims through out Ohio including Mason, Ohio. He is conveniently located just off Montgomery road at I-275 and exit 50. He offers a free consultation . Call for his legal help today at 513-621-2345 . For more information visit his website www.castellilaw.com
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
University Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio is a first class trauma hospital. But in serious car accidents seconds matter. So the emergency helicopter transport system is vital. This ensures that victims get to the hospital timely so that there lives can be saved.
Multiple Emergency Helicopters Transport Hamilton Ohio Car Accident Pepsi Truck Victims
Recently six people were injured in a car truck crash at Knightsbridge Drive and University Boulevard on Hamilton’s East Side. All of them were flown by three medical helicopters to University Hospital in Cincinnati for traumatic injuries.
It was reported by the Hamilton Journal news that a Pepsi delivery truck stuck a Nissan Sentra in the rear. Hamilton police and Fire department rushed to the scene to save lives and investigate the accident.
The vehicles were traveling in an easterly direction on Knightsbridge Road. Names were not released as family members had not been contacted.
Pugh said the other three occupants in the car were transported by ambulance to Fort Hamilton and Mercy hospitals after they were extricated by firefighters using the Jaws of Life.
These few facts cause me as as car accident injury lawyer to think of several things.
The case of a rear end collision is governed by the traffic code. This is generally know as failure to keep an assured clear distance. The Pepsi.driver that struck the sentra in the rear would normally be negligent as a matter of law.
Since the driver was in the course and scope of his employment presumably Pepsi would also be responsible. It is likely they are self insured and trucking companies and large self insured corporations tend to be difficult to deal with as much or more so as insurance companies. Delay and defend can be the order of the day.
I wonder how many lawyers sent letters and chiropracters made phone calls soliciting the injured victim’s claims. Many times my car accident victims tell be they were appalled by what they felt to be ambulance chasing or an invasion of privacy by letters and calls they received. Although some people with no idea where to turn can be taken in by these solicitations.
For more information about truck accidents click here
Anthony Castelli Attorney represents injury victims in serious car truck accidents and other personal injury claims. With 30 years experience and over 25 civil injury trials he has the experience that has produced results. Call 513-621-2345 for a free consultation to get his legal help for your injury claim.
"Your office has been nothing but good to us! From our very first phone call to the very end, you were there to listen. You have been a fantastic attorney. We were undoubtedly going to lose everything we had because of the accident, but you made sure we were taken care of!! We are no longer worried about losing our home, and it's because of you! My family is back on track! Words cannot express how much we appreciate everything you did for us. I know you will be a blessing to a lot more people!" With love,
Morris & Jennifer Smith